Impeachment hearings now (USA)

adolf512

Staff member
Looks like Trump tried to preassure Ukraine into investigating the company Hunter Biden worked on "Burisma"

Both Nunes and Adam Schiff sound very convincing but it's still onvious Trump is guilty but it's unlikely he will convicted by senate.

Leucosticte

Looks like Trump tried to preassure Ukraine into investigating the company Hunter Biden worked on "Burisma"

Both Nunes and Adam Schiff sound very convincing but it's still onvious Trump is guilty but it's unlikely he will convicted by senate.
He may as well resign the day before his term ends, though, and have Mike Pence pardon him, just to be safe. (I'm surprised Obama didn't do that with Hillary.)

It would make him look guilty, but it would also troll the fuck out of the leftists, which would probably make it worth it.

Then again, I wonder if Pence is going to run for President in 2024? He might as well; he seems like a pretty decent guy, he's still young, and he's one of these low-profile clean-cut conservatives in the mold of Neil Gorsuch which could play well to the flyover state electorate, yet he has name recognition from being VP plus gubernatorial experience so really all he could be said to be possibly lacking is foreign policy experience since he never served in the Senate. That's not a hard requirement, though; gubernatorial experience is arguably more necessary (look how Marco Rubio did, trying to go from the Senate to the presidency without having ever been a governor).

Last edited:

adolf512

Staff member
The republicans try to defend him at the best of their abilities but i wonder if that's really a good idea.

Trump is great at conning people so he might still be able to win this and also get re-elected.

Leucosticte

The republicans try to defend him at the best of their abilities but i wonder if that's really a good idea.

Trump is great at conning people so he might still be able to win this and also get re-elected.
Andrew Anglin is just ignoring the whole thing, I guess because the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

adolf512

Staff member
A good way to figure out how ut will end is to look at the comments made on republican news-channels. Trump has gotten away with this stuff (lying, etc) in the past and i dont see that changing.

Leucosticte

A good way to figure out how ut will end is to look at the comments made on republican news-channels. Trump has gotten away with this stuff (lying, etc) in the past and i dont see that changing.
Well, we're at a point now where basically every president or major presidential candidate can be accused of some impeachable and/or criminal act. Even Reagan, they said committed some impeachable acts.

It's kinda like how it is in Russia, where pretty much every oligarch or dissident politician can be accused of something criminal because they were all involved in corrupt shit at one point or another to get where they are now. So it's just a question of whether they get on Putin's bad side and therefore get prosecuted.

adolf512

Staff member
Why would republicans remove Trump from office for trying to help himself and republicans win re-election? The republicans have already purged over 20 million from the voter rolls so they onviously dont care about democracy, they just want to win.