The blackpill can sometimes be a bluepill

Leucosticte

There's often this dichotomy where people say, "You either acknowledge you're so ugly that there's no hope for you, or you're delusional."

What about the guy who's average, or even handsome, who thinks he's ugly? He's blackpilled, sure, but he's also delusional, which means that he's bluepilled in a way. He's bluepilled in the sense that his belief that there's no hope means that he doesn't have to make any effort to realize his ambitions of getting a chick. He can just LDAR. It's a comforting delusion, in a way, because it means he doesn't have to take any risks of getting rejected or whatnot; he can blame his lack of a chick on his looks rather than on laziness or a lack of game or a lack of courage or anything like that.

We see a lot of these guys in the incelosphere, who think they're ugly because they took a bad photo and got a bad rating from strangers on the Internet who never saw them from any other angle, or at a moment when they were more looksmaxxed. Or they're just fucked up in the head and see themselves as ugly when they look in the mirror, and think they need surgery, kinda like Michael Jackson. Maybe that's even the norm, but the fact that surgery is so expensive deters more people from getting it. We see that wealthy people like Ivanka Trump will get surgery since they can afford it, even though they don't really need it and the surgery doesn't even make them look better. They're bluepilled in that they think their problem is their looks and that surgery is going to solve their problems.

Leucosticte

Two other related points.

Guys can discount indicators of interest chicks give them, thinking, "She's just making fun of me," "She's just leading me on," "She just wants to use me as a beta cuck orbiter," etc. This happens if they have low self-esteem (kinda like how chicks will often be the same way: https://vintologi.com/threads/if-th...he-only-one-who-sees-your-good-qualities.328/ )

Likewise, if guys see another guy receiving such IOIs, they may say, "She has no romantic interest in him; she's just using him as an orbiter." That kind of appraisal of the situation, despite assuming negative behavior on the part of the female, can be as much of a cope, or even just a mistake, as anything.

It's like how guys will believe when their wife says, "Those other guys I used to fuck mean nothing to me now." The guy is going to assume that chicks can just fall out of love that easily and completely, despite that being kind of fucked up and disloyal to those guys, because it suits his own purpose. He wants to believe that he really mogs those other guys that much.

Oxblood

For more information about the blackpill, visit this blog: https://omegavirginrevolt.wordpress.com/

He was not the first to use the red/blue manosphere dichotomy to create a third alternative.

Another blog related to the blackpill: https://sirtyrionlannister.wordpress.com/

An extract from the incels wiki:

The term blackpill was first used by a blog commenter named Paragon on the Dalrock anti-feminist blog in 2011 and later adopted by OmegaVirginRevolt's blog. In his comment, Paragon defined the blackpill to mean (paraphrased) 'there's no personal solution to systemic dating problems for men and only societal hardship (such as mass poverty) can solve men's systemic dating issues'
From this wiki: https://incels.wiki/w/Blackpill

Contemporary incels never promote the original definition. On the contrary, most incels promote depressive realism, a sense of sadness and discomfort directed at the biological realities presented by blackpill arguments. The contemporary blackpill is about how incels “feel” about their emotional response to all the information they acquired.

Most incels are facing a phase, that we can describe using the old redpill metaphor.

https://www.google.it/amp/s/blacklabellogic.com/2016/11/10/the-5-stages-of-red-pill/amp/

As you can see, we are not discussing about anything particularly meaningful, only about how incels perceived the “sense ” of so called blackpill is.

Most incels are too lazy, they aren’t promoting blackpill, they are just venting and talking about their feelings, almost like women.

Oxblood

They're bluepilled in that they think their problem is their looks and that surgery is going to solve their problems
I don’t see any correlation with the blackpill.

Blackpill never promoted personal solutions to what has been defined as “systemic problems”.

If someone is branding his attitude as “blackpill”, while at the same time promoting personal solutions such as surgeries, he completely missed the point.

But the blackpill has been ruined long time ago, we are back at a phase where people only see dichotomies in the pills. Everything is black and white again.

Oxblood

He wants to believe that he really mogs those other guys that much.
If you want to believe what your wife tells you, then you are just aligning to the contemporary feminist narrative about “meaningful” relationships.

Most males, including myself, place more value on raw attraction and sexual success, not on the “love” ideology or the old romance concept (completely outdated in the current sexual marketplace).

Romance mood had a peak in the 80s, then corrective waves shifted from it and in the 2000 everything was completely different. I am attempting to write a Chick-Lit fictional story, so I am very prepared on this topic. I am acquiring information. I think that the love concept followed exactly the form predicted by Oswald Spengler, cycles.