Ruth Bader Ginsburg got hospitalized again

Leucosticte

I hear about this broad getting hospitalized all the time. It sounds like a big deal, because most of us don't go to the hospital unless we break a leg or something, but as you get older it can start to happen more often; e.g. my mom went to the hospital several times a few years ago with atrial fibrillation. A heart problem sounds like a big deal but afib is considered "common" (more than 200,000 cases per year). Anyway, they take care of it, maybe put some stints in or whatever to rectify the situation so it doesn't keep recurring, and tell you to watch your weight, and then you're released.

The deathwatch continues. (For Ginsburg, not my mom, although I suppose if my mom dies, that'll clear the way for me to kill myself, since she won't be around to stop me.)

Leucosticte

She dying would be a disaster for the democrats unless they are willing to pack the supreme court.
It would just be a bump in the road on the way to fulfilling their agenda. The demographic trends favor a future in which Democrats overwhelmingly control the House of Representatives and therefore have enough electoral votes to pick the President. At that point, they can stop any more conservative justices from being put on the SCOTUS.

Admin

Administrator
The republicans have tried to fight against this by purging voters from rolls (20 million so far) but it may not be enough.

Leucosticte

The republicans have tried to fight against this by purging voters from rolls (20 million so far) but it may not be enough.
Nah, the Democrats have sabotaged whites' ability to reproduce, so it's gonna be a losing battle in the long run for Republicans.

adolf512

Staff member
Nah, the Democrats have sabotaged whites' ability to reproduce
What are you referring to here?
So it's gonna be a losing battle in the long run for Republicans.
Depend on what the goal is, bolsonaro took power in Brazil via dirty tricks (jailing Luna Da Silva).

Or they could permanently end democracy and implement a military dictatorship instead, this might be difficult if there are too many cuckservatives left in the republican party.

Leucosticte

What are you referring to here?
Feminism. Liberating women to make self-destructive decisions that would fuck over the fertility rate. Ironically, Joe Biden was one of the original supporters of the Violence Against Women Act, and now he's being criticized by feminists for a supposedly poor choice of words in the last debate on the issue even though he's bent over backward to try to cater to them. Appeasement doesn't work well with chicks.

Poison

Nah, the Democrats have sabotaged whites' ability to reproduce, so it's gonna be a losing battle in the long run for Republicans.
Yeah it was the (((Democrats))). Sure.

The Supreme Court is useless. May as well just be the abortion and gay marriage court.

adolf512

Staff member
It's kinda stupid to have the president and senate select a successor when a supreme court justice have died.

It would be better to let them select their own successors and also give the supreme court more power, it's crazy how court-packing is allowed and you only need to pass a law for that.

Poison

It's kinda stupid to have the president and senate select a successor when a supreme court justice have died.

It would be better to let them select their own successors and also give the supreme court more power, it's crazy how court-packing is allowed and you only need to pass a law for that.
The appointees shouldn't matter because they're supposed to uphold the laws of the United States not be politicians.

Admin

Administrator
The appointees shouldn't matter because they're supposed to uphold the laws of the United States not be politicians.
Actually the appointment process is everything, laws and consititutions are just words written somewhere and that can easily be discarded.

Best solution is probably to have the same process to change the official constitution as to replace these people, otherwise we end up with a situation where we have one official constitution and a completely different one being applies in practice.