Maybe sometimes it's better just to leave the stage when you're past your prime

Leucosticte

I see some of these has-been politicians onstage, who already lost once, and probably have less support now than last time, still going at it. E.g., we saw Ralph Nader do that with his second campaign, and we see Bernie Sanders onstage now, when his moment seems past.

I get the idea that it's good to be persistent and keep putting your ideas out there, and showing that you don't give up easily. But there comes a point where you just don't have a lot of relevance anymore. But, some still keep chugging even though they don't really have any new ideas; it's like these cartoonists such as the guy behind Garfield who need to just go away already. https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2003/12/24

I created RGIF, and it just never really recaptured the magic we had on Incelocalypse. Some arguably cool stuff came out of it, e.g. it attracted Florelle to the site, but then again, out of Florelle's presence came Florellegate, so it wasn't an unmixed blessing. Arguably, that wasn't her fault, but still, it was kinda traumatizing. https://incels.wiki/w/Florellegate It's actually only now that maybe I'm finally getting over it a little bit.

But at any rate, I peaked in 2018 with my congressional campaign, and really, in a lot of ways, 2018 was the peak for the whole incelosphere. That was when the Alek Minassian and Scott Beierle killings happened, and when Incels.co had what I consider its best era, where the site had grown a lot but its membership criteria hadn't yet been tightened up too much, and they hadn't restricted speech too much.

What I found was that from December 2018 to present, I started attracting more opposition than in the past. My alliance with Zesto got me on knajjd's bad side, which probably was the impetus behind my ban from .co. Now even Zesto has turned against me, so the circle has completed itself. I lost the support of Bruce (a user I'd known from our time in the Rooshosphere), which was a major loss, over Florellegate.

And, a lot of users like Reggie and Mainlander and even Robtical started spending more time on .co instead of my sites. After Florellegate, we didn't see any more girls show up, and I was less excited anyway about the prospect of that happening, because I just didn't want to deal with all that Florellegate-style bullshit anymore, plus like I say, I didn't have Bruce's support anymore.

And, I was starting to attract more haters from within the incelosphere. There were just a lot of disgruntled users who didn't like the content of the sites, or didn't like the management style or philosophy or policies or decisions or whatever. Also, IncelTears no longer really cared about us, so we weren't even able to use that as an advertising venue and feed off of the persecution.

People just stopped being very appreciative. I met a few cool people in 2019, like fukurou. And we did at least help adolf512 create this site; that was an accomplishment that has lasted and is giving us a pretty comfy home right now, it seems.

It just seems like other than that, though, the Larson network is past its peak. I also got deplatformed from WordPress, by the way, so that was just another setback, in terms of trying to have a cult of personality; there was some MGTOW- or incelosphere-relevant personal news I might have posted there, but maybe I can just have a thread here for that; that might be okay.

This kind of stuff just goes in cycles, but I find right now, we're in a part of the cycle where people's attitudes are mostly meaner and nastier. A lot of deplatforming is going on, even family ties are starting to fray, a lot of friendships are breaking up or not forming to begin with, etc. It's like some people's personalities are even changing, or I'm seeing nasty sides that I hadn't seen before. Anyway, it's just not a very pleasant scene to be hanging out in, as a site owner, because when you're in that role, you're a target for a lot of abuse and complaints, etc.

And the benefits aren't really what they used to be; a lot of high-quality users have vanished, and it's also getting harder to even link to good content on the Internet because so much has been taken down (e.g. JBpill doesn't even have a lot of YouTube videos to link to at this point, I'd say, given how kids' yoga challenge videos and whatnot were taken down and stuff).

One might say, that just makes it more important to keep good forums on the Internet, but people don't seem to appreciate it as much as in the past; they worry that it's a honeypot or some shit if unfettered free speech is allowed that they think is going to attract government attention. So I guess if people want that stuff, they can just go to the darknet. I don't have a whole lot of interest in running a darknet site, because I'm not sure it would be very successful.

Last edited:

Creamer

To much ef if its just about orbiting some forum foid. But it was an awesome site.
I also miss the loli feet thread, that was some legendary shit

adolf512

Staff member
One of the reasons people stagnate is becuase they build up an audience that want to hear certain things so changing their views would be costly for them. You might also get emotionally invested in some belief and thus be unable to change your mind even when it would be benefitical for you to do so.

From my experience lostening to people like Ted Kaczynski and Sv3rige is helpful, you need to spend time listening to 'crazy' people to progress intellectually.

Something i have noticed with atheist activists is that they do ok trashing old primitive religions but they fail when they try to tackle more difficult subjects, Rationality Rules (youtube) is a great example.

Hey LARPson, why don't you learn a hobby, such as singing for instance? Sure, you can't talk to a camera without sweating, fidgeting, shoe-gazing, blinking, stammering, stuttering, paling, blushing, and soiling your over-sized diapers that you stole from your diseased incontinent dad, but perhaps you'd manage to take the stage in front of a 5,000 people audience and sing some songs???

Poison

I created RGIF, and it just never really recaptured the magic we had on Incelocalypse.
Toyotomi Hideyoshi did, you hijacked it like all of your other sites except Incelocalypse.

My alliance with Zesto got me on knajjd's bad side, which probably was the impetus behind my ban from .co.
No you were banned for writing you had your dead wife lick your ass.

:sick:

Hey LARPson, why don't you learn a hobby, such as singing for instance? Sure, you can't talk to a camera without sweating, fidgeting, shoe-gazing, blinking, stammering, stuttering, paling, blushing, and soiling your over-sized diapers that you stole from your diseased incontinent dad, but perhaps you'd manage to take the stage in front of a 5,000 people audience and sing some songs???
Ouch. He's going to need some ice.

Leucosticte

No you were banned for writing you had your dead wife lick your ass.
You know what sucks about that, though, is that at the time I made that post, Incels.co didn't used to ban people for offsite brags. Like if you bragged on Discord, and someone gave them a screenshot, they didn't care, because they figured, "Someone could falsify that; we have no way of verifying that offsite content is legit."

So, Incelocalypse died and then half a year later, after the rules had changed over on .co, someone took a screencap that had been saved from there and used that against me. There was no grandfather clause protecting people who bragged before the rule was changed.

Oxblood

Allowing femoids to be part of the incelosphere is a bad thing. You don’t know that because you have less experience than me on this matter.

Leucosticte

Allowing femoids to be part of the incelosphere is a bad thing. You don’t know that because you have less experience than me on this matter.
Elab. Anyway, I think the femoids are after the good-looking losers and facial dysmorphic crypto-Chads who hang around a lot of incel sites.

Oxblood

Elab. Anyway, I think the femoids are after the good-looking losers and facial dysmorphic crypto-Chads who hang around a lot of incel sites.
The fora that last longer are the ones where femoids are contained or banned. There are 8 years old communities of incels that are still alive today. The reason why they exist is because they banned femoids and established a strong misogynistic subculture.

Leucosticte

The fora that last longer are the ones where femoids are contained or banned. There are 8 years old communities of incels that are still alive today. The reason why they exist is because they banned femoids and established a strong misogynistic subculture.
Well, yeah, if your goal is to have longevity, then keeping it male-only helps. That said, a lot of incel forums that didn't have females still died. Truecels.org and Blackpill.online (back when Anondump ran it) are the examples Towncel likes to bring up.